The PM6006 is an upgraded successor of the multi-award-winning PM6005. We've retained the pre-amp and power-amp sections that exclusively feature discrete components - not a single IC in sight of the signal path. The PM6006 is upgraded for peak current at the amplifier stage, which makes it possible to refine the sound for you in much more detail.
You can connect this superb integrated amplifier directly to a vast range of digital sources and use its superior 24bit/192kHz high current CS4398 DAC to create an unbelievably high level of audio enjoyment with new media. The unit now includes 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital inputs (an additional optical input from the predecessor, PM6005), and the complete digital section is fully shielded by an extra metal housing to ensure that the digital stage has no effect on the analog signal.
All of the original features—such as five-line audio input including phono, two-pairs of gold-plated speaker connections with the convenience of bi-wiring, and a remote handset—are all still there. The lower impedance shielded Toroidal transformer, as well as customized components and unique Marantz HDAM modules care for powerful, dynamic and detailed original Marantz sound. In short, the new PM6006 is a new star with excellent genes.
Marantz HDAM Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards to replace standard IC's. These HDAM's consists of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. Those devices are doing exactly the same thing as the Op-Amps, but outperform the regular IC Op-amps dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in a much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years Marantz developed different types of the HDAM to improve quality and to fit to the special requirements of a product category like CD or amplifier.
The Current Feedback amplifier technology provides wide-bandwidth and high-speed sound reproduction. In combination with the Toroidal Transformer, the PM6006's amplifier holds a massive energy reserve to drive even demanding speakers with absolute ease.
A Toroidal transformer has several advantages over a normal EI core transformer. It is very efficient and therefore delivers more power compared to the same size of an EI core transformer. In addition, due to its shape, the electromagnetic radiation and the mechanical vibration are extremely low all ending in a better sound quality.
High Current Power Supply
The power supply has high current high speed Shottky Barrier Diodes and high current storage capacitors that together provide wide dynamic range along with low impedance drive capability.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion for Digital Input
The PM6006 features high resolution D/A conversion and is equipped with the reference class CS4398 D/A converter, which provides up to 192 kHz/24 bit resolution for optimum fidelity with high resolution audio file types.
Expanded Connectivity for Digital Inputs (2 Optical, 1 Coax) with Hi-res Audio Support
1 Coax digital and 2 Optical digital inputs are now available to connect digital devices and play back Hi-res Audio (up to 192kHz/24bit PCM) through the PM6006's advanced audio circuitry. And the complete digital section is fully shielded by an extra metal housing to ensure that the digital stage has no effect on the analog signal.
- 45 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- 60 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- Cirrus Logic CS4398 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources such as network music players or CD players
- high-current toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module and current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions
- front-panel tone controls (treble and bass)
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital audio inputs
- 5 stereo RCA audio inputs (including a phono input for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- stereo RCA audio outputs for recording
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size (1/4-inch) jack
- binding posts and front-panel switching for two pairs of speakers
- 3 rear-panel AC outlets for powering other components (2 switched, 1 unswitched)
- frequency response 10-70,000 Hz (+0dB, -1dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB (line in), 83 dB (phono)
- IR flasher and remote control inputs
- 17-5/16"W x 4-1/8"H x 14-5/8"D
- weight: 17.2 lbs.